
As part of my undergraduate degree at Northumbria university studying History of Modern Art, Design and Film, I took part in a module called 'Northern Visual Culture'.
As part of a group we decided to get involved with the School of Arts and Social Sciences' project, Engaged, which was started to help strengthen the relationship between the university and the neighboring Shieldfield community.
Our goal was to use the basis of the module to research different aspects of visual culture; this included aspects such as housing, the 1960's re-development and Shieldfield green. Our aim was to compile our findings to map how the area has changed in the last century.
I had noticed that there were some beautiful churches in the area so chose the title 'The Churches of Shieldfield from the late 19th century to the early 20th century'. I chose to focus on Christ Church as it was situated very near to Northumbia's school of design.
Because of the nature of this project all comments and questions are welcomed.
No comments:
Post a Comment